I know, They put the Business to You in an Emotional Way, so You can feel excited of starting a new Business with them Sympathetic people.
What You usually haven't done in those occasions is to stop the chatting (outside and inside) and start to analyze the situation starting from a fact and with logical considerations.
The fact is that You Want or are Looking for a Business to start. A Business is something (a system) that creates a passive income for You. A Business in Marketing involves People, so You need to know how the System they are showing You will interact with people.
You are talking about business, not about how Happy You will be in loosing money together! Thus I will show You some of the metrics I'm now using to evaluate a MLM or NM Business. But before, let me tell You that They are doing a great job by involving You emotionally to close a sell: You'll have to learn these techniques and skills. Also, the points I'm about to discuss aren't about choosing the best Business there is outside there, or the one that makes You rich faster: these are only considerations about reducing the risk You are taking in the business (You know that if two business have the same revenue outcome, it is better to choose the one with less risks)
- Entrance Fees - They can tell you that you are going to buy something useful for you and your family, but the first package You are going to buy is the Entrance Fee that the company is requesting You. Sometimes they sell different entry packages that can enable You to start your career from a different level. That only shows the hunger of the company. In these kind of Business it is not necessary to spend a lot in advance to make a career, because it mostly depend on your will to grow. So beware of companies that want a big money advance from You! Some samples for you to use and find how good the product is are just enough, or maybe some more just because You are sure to sell them.
- Real Consumption - The product or service that the Company is selling is conveyng a real consumption. If this product or service is not consumable, You won't see the passive income, nor the orders from some of your customers. Keep it Real!
- Commercial Margin - I know that most of You like to see that for a kind of product there is a huge marginality kept for You by the company. But think about that the more the margin, the more is the price. If the product is overpriced You will need a lot of effort to justify It without lying (nothing more despicable). Also remember that today's people are not so uninformed like fifty years ago: a search on amazon or alibaba may uncover some tricks on your company's products. So it is better if the margin is real and taken from the others path usually used to sell the good.
The price of the product is an important comparison meter to know the effort You'll have to put to promote it. Please make a research to see if the price is "in the market" or "totally outside the market".
- Logistic - You need to be free and part of the Logistic environment. Maybe You can build a little wharehouse or You can't, but it has to be to your choice and can help the develop of the network in a particular area. Sometimes is better that the company already has a quick and centralized logistic. Today it is an easy task because Amazon has already marked the path on how to have a cheap one day delivery. So no excuses for the company. Better if they produce an internet service: same minute delivery around the world and no logistic problems at all!
- Public Communications - The company should only give you guidelines on how and what to communicate for not going against the laws of the country where you are operating, leaving the rest to your freedom. So using internet, social networks, advertising, marketplaces, ecc should only be a mix You can build by staying inside the path and with your skills or imagination. Every country has a responsible or guarantor for the communication and for the trades: the guidelines must be compliant to what these guarantor say.
Usually it will be forbidden to sell a product with a discount... and that's also a good branding strategy: have You ever heard of an apple product in discount?
Another plus in this area is that the Company deploys a good training program for its people: training is a must.
- PMK and Other Codes with Other companies - If the PMK is good, the company won't worry about You entering other MLMs, because they know that their system is better for achieving a long term passive income.
A good PMK will always pay you by difference: no difference, no earnings. Beware of the tricks they give you to show the big bucks, because You will always have to bring a difference (there are training to teach You how to build a network structure that can help you to passively bring a difference).
Another things to look inside of the PMK is the monthly reactivation work or fee You have to demonstrate to get access to your earnings. If the network is about something consumable, this figure has to stay inside the normal budget of the consumer, because in that way, not only the consumption is stimulated, but also the work for the monthly reactivation. Look at it like something around 50€ if you live in Italy, or France, or Spain, less if you live in a country with more crisis, more in a country were you live better. This segmentation of the reactivation fee must be tuned by the company for every country that it is operating from.
- Public Informations - Check whatever public information are giving or selling you during the presentation and ask for a deepening (to an expert, not to the same people showing you these info). They can tell You that the company is public listed or that is working with a big name. The financial world is very deep and full of illusions, so do not see their words as glitter in your eyes.
With these seven points You won't be able to choose which company is best fitted for your passion or skills, but at leaste You will reduce the risk between the companies you are looking into because, remember, it is YOUR Business, so mind it!